IMPORTANT: our programs are still cancelled presumably until June 2nd, 2020 due to COVID-19 situation. Potentially to resume on June 3rd, 2020. Please stay tuned for more updates, also check http://toronto.ca/coronavirus
IMPORTANT: our programs are still cancelled presumably until May 4th, 2020 due to COVID-19 situation. Potentially to resume on May 4th, 2020. Please stay tuned for more updates, also check http://toronto.ca/coronavirus
We hope all our students and their families are OK.
Because of the emergency situation created around COVID-19 we decided to start online training sessions via Zoom, until situation will comeback to normal and our facilities will reopen.
The sessions will take place: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Updated on March 27, 2020:
Kinder group (4 to 6 years old) from 12.30 pm to 1.10 pm
Kids group (7 to 12 years old) from 12.30 pm to 1.10 pm
Youth and adults group (13+) from 8.00 pm till 8.40 pm.
Updated on April 2nd, 2020:
Please use the links bellow to join karate classes
Kinder and Kids groups:
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/773979007 Meeting ID: 773 979 007
Youth and Adults group:
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/555412312 Meeting ID: 555 412 312
Please all students confirm your attendance.
York Centre Karate
Our Online Karate training will start from Wednesday March 25, 2020
IMPORTANT: our programs are cancelled until April 5th, 2020 due to COVID-19 situation. Potentially to resume on April 6th, 2020. Please stay tuned for more updates, also check http://toronto.ca/coronavirus
York Centre Karate and Toronto Suiken Bugeikai presenting our revamped High-Performance Program.
For now, only Kumite (fighting) version.
Focus of High-Performance program is to successfully prepare students to tournaments participation.
Key points of the program are:
- More physically demanding as tournament participation require excellent form.
- Completely axed on tournament techniques.
- More use of tools for development.
- Psychological preparation for tournament environment as it is more adrenaline reach one.
- Best student-teacher ratio, as group in average will not be bigger than 6 students. That means more attention for individual student.
- Very intensive 1-hour training.
The program will be delivered every Thursdays at Earl Bales Community Centre – 4169 Bathurst St, North York, ON M3H 3P7 – room #2, that is inside Earl Bales Park on Bathurst and Sheppard.
First trial training will be held on Thursday Nov 21, 2019.
It will be 2 groups:
5-7 years old – from 6 pm till 7 pm
8-13 years old from 7 pm till 8 pm
As last 5 years before, Toronto Suiken Bugeikai will join 100 Kata Challenge for Karate Day. Event will take place on Friday October 25th, 2019 at 8.00 pm.
- To Learn to Protect Themselves
- Martial Arts teaches kids how to Perform better in life, school and beyond
- Kids Learn to be helpful and considerate
- They will develop their social skills
- Gain a healthy self-respect and respect for others
- Increased confidence and Self-esteem
- Increased concentration and focus
- The habit of good exercise and good health
- The “Can Do Anything – Never Give Up Attitude”
- Because they grow up quick, and you want to give them all the tools they need.
York Centre Karate Programs For 2019-2020.
NEW: This Season, as a response to a big demand is Kinder Karate 4 – 6 years old 3 times per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5.45 pm to 6.25 pm
Plus popular programs on the same days: Kids Karate 7 – 12 years old from 6.25 pm to 7.45 pm and Youth and Family Karate 13+ from 7.45 pm to 9.15 pm respectively.
Also our already traditional Fitness programs: Kids 8 – 12 years old and Youth and Family 13+ Tuesday and Thursday
Location: Herbert H. Carnegie Centennial Centre – 580 Finch Ave West – Silver Blade Room (2nd floor)
Start of the Programs: Karate – Wednesday September 4, 2019; Fitness – Tuesday September 3, 2019.
Exclusive July 2019 promotion – any new student who will join our Karate program until July 31, 2019 will benefit from FREE training until August 14, 2019.
During Summer we will have Summer training schedule:
Monday and Wednesday:
Kids (6-12 years old) from 6.00 pm till 7.20 pm,
Youth and families (13+) form 7.30 pm till 9.00 pm.
That schedule will continue until Wednesday August 14, 2019.
After that we will have a short break and will resume to regular schedule (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) from Wednesday September 4, 2019