IMPORTANT: our programs are cancelled until April 5th, 2020 due to COVID-19 situation. Potentially to resume on April 6th, 2020. Please stay tuned for more updates, also check http://toronto.ca/coronavirus
York Centre Karate and Toronto Suiken Bugeikai presenting our revamped High-Performance Program.
For now, only Kumite (fighting) version.
Focus of High-Performance program is to successfully prepare students to tournaments participation.
Key points of the program are:
- More physically demanding as tournament participation require excellent form.
- Completely axed on tournament techniques.
- More use of tools for development.
- Psychological preparation for tournament environment as it is more adrenaline reach one.
- Best student-teacher ratio, as group in average will not be bigger than 6 students. That means more attention for individual student.
- Very intensive 1-hour training.
The program will be delivered every Thursdays at Earl Bales Community Centre – 4169 Bathurst St, North York, ON M3H 3P7 – room #2, that is inside Earl Bales Park on Bathurst and Sheppard.
First trial training will be held on Thursday Nov 21, 2019.
It will be 2 groups:
5-7 years old – from 6 pm till 7 pm
8-13 years old from 7 pm till 8 pm
As last 5 years before, Toronto Suiken Bugeikai will join 100 Kata Challenge for Karate Day. Event will take place on Friday October 25th, 2019 at 8.00 pm.
- To Learn to Protect Themselves
- Martial Arts teaches kids how to Perform better in life, school and beyond
- Kids Learn to be helpful and considerate
- They will develop their social skills
- Gain a healthy self-respect and respect for others
- Increased confidence and Self-esteem
- Increased concentration and focus
- The habit of good exercise and good health
- The “Can Do Anything – Never Give Up Attitude”
- Because they grow up quick, and you want to give them all the tools they need.
York Centre Karate Programs For 2019-2020.
NEW: This Season, as a response to a big demand is Kinder Karate 4 – 6 years old 3 times per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5.45 pm to 6.25 pm
Plus popular programs on the same days: Kids Karate 7 – 12 years old from 6.25 pm to 7.45 pm and Youth and Family Karate 13+ from 7.45 pm to 9.15 pm respectively.
Also our already traditional Fitness programs: Kids 8 – 12 years old and Youth and Family 13+ Tuesday and Thursday
Location: Herbert H. Carnegie Centennial Centre – 580 Finch Ave West – Silver Blade Room (2nd floor)
Start of the Programs: Karate – Wednesday September 4, 2019; Fitness – Tuesday September 3, 2019.
Exclusive July 2019 promotion – any new student who will join our Karate program until July 31, 2019 will benefit from FREE training until August 14, 2019.
During Summer we will have Summer training schedule:
Monday and Wednesday:
Kids (6-12 years old) from 6.00 pm till 7.20 pm,
Youth and families (13+) form 7.30 pm till 9.00 pm.
That schedule will continue until Wednesday August 14, 2019.
After that we will have a short break and will resume to regular schedule (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) from Wednesday September 4, 2019
Our student Max Atanelli won Silver medal on Montreal Open tournament in category 12-13 -50 kg &-55 kg. Tournament took place on May 25-26, 2019. Good job Max!
York Centre Karate and Toronto Suiken Bugeikai celebrated by doing 100 kata Ananku on Friday May 17, 2019 from 8 pm till 9 pm.
It was 130 years from birth of O-Sensei Hohan Soken (May 25, 1889) and 12 years from passing of O-Sensei Nishihira Kosei (May 14, 2007).
Thank you to all participants!
We will not have Karate training sessions on Friday, April 19, 2019 – Good Friday and Monday April 22, 2019 – Easter Monday.
Regular training sessions will resume on Wednesday, April 24, 2019.